Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Time Together

Charles and I have been busy, busy, busy...but unfortunately not with wedding stuff. We're both busy at work...you know that 8 to 5 that's helping pay the bills. So no cool wedding updates for you.
However, last Saturday Charles and I did get to spend almost an entire Saturday together, which is pretty RARE! He is normally playing baseball and I normally have a function to attend or running around to do. So what did we do? We went to the International Festival at the Downtown Raleigh Convention Center. People representing countries and cultures from all over the world were there showcasing the foods, crafts, musical talents, dances, languages and giving information on many great places. We walked around the entire center and saw all the countries and then we dug in. Charles enjoyed a Korean meal consisting of kimchi, gogi beef and rice. I tried the kimchi because ever since I've know Charles he has always talked about the kimchi, which is spicy pickled cabbage, that James' mom in Arizona used to fix. I'll have to admit it wasn't bad. I tried Nepalese dumplings called momo. Pretty good, but the portions were so large I couldn't eat all of them. The inside of the dumpling consisted of turkey, vegatables and various spices. For dessert, we went for a banana hazelnut crepe from the French culture. Let's just say all gone! While at the fair, I purchased earrings from Kenya and watched men and women write in various languages. Charles and I got some one of a kind Japanese writings that you won't find in Target.
Leave us a comment as to what you think these three pictures say? Hint: It's not a sentence. Second Hint: Really look at it! If you're lucky you might see these again.

1.
2.
3.
I'll give you the answer next time I blog. The next blog should be the week of Oct. 19, if not, for sure by the end of October. My plan is to make it SUPER COOL and worth your wait.
Shouts out to Penny and Aaron who are getting married on Friday. Hilton Head, SC here we come!

9 comments:

  1. Love
    Peace &
    Soul

    I'm sure that's it!! LOL, LOL, LOL

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone said at the wedding reception of AM & PM on Hilton Head Island last Friday: Charles & Tameka have 6 months to get ready. Then I thought: That's not very long so GET READY! GET READY! GET READY! This Raleigh mom is getting excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, ok, ok....so it's taken me a good minute to post here. But like the good folks on mediatakeout I could call "first" since I answered first, but it was via text so I won't. :0)

    My answer is: faith, hope, love...that's Bible! Mrs. Allen I'm all the way live from Atlanta, GA with you babe! :0). Let's do this!!!!

    -Kinta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im gonna go with... crazy, sexy, cool!!!! ha-ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to have to take those 3 pics to Kanki to find out what they mean.My guessing might be way off.The first letter looks like an "I" in Hiragana.I searched Japanese writing system via Google, too much work to figure out now,after 11 PM. Kinta, blessings to you where The Center for Civil and Human Rights opens in 2010. It's on my "visit" list.
    -T's Ma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they all say Charles and Tameka or vice versa along with the date. Or could it be together forever.

    Delt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Delt. I think the first one is Charles, the seond one is Tameka and the third one is Charles again.

    Pat F

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chaarles (longer 'a')
    Tameka
    Charles

    -Amy(I got to know you guys from Lydia. Congratulations)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is easy! It says, "Penny is the best cousin in the whole entire world, including Japan".

    ReplyDelete