Thursday, November 12, 2009

Not Really My Thing

First things first! The answer to the Japanese writing is 1. Charles, 2. Tameka, 3. Charles.

Good job Delsey, Aunt Pat, and Amy! You have been rewarded with two thumbs up and a great big smile. It's so interesting how Charles #1 has an extra letter that Charles #3 does not have. Two ladies were sitting right beside each other and each one of them did it differently. Interesting!

Now to more recent events...Flowers

Let's just say I don't know too much about them. I mean they are pretty and all, but me in a florist. Go ahead and start shaking your head "no" with me. So needless to say, the first trip to the florist was overwhelming. The designer who has been doing this for 30+ years was very much into what he was telling and trying to create for me. He was asking me 20 questions all to which I would look at him like I don't know or I'm not sure. He had flower ideas for people I don't even have in place yet. Yeah information overload and after about 15 mins I looked at my aunt and said "I'm ready to GO!"

However, the second trip to visit with him I could tell he understood my personality a little bit better. SIMPLE! I enjoyed watching him design something just for me as I gave my honest feedback. Bridesmaid Kristen (who volunteered for flower duty) was on hand to test out the bouquets she and the other girls would carry and give helpful opinions. I was not looking forward to this task, but it ended up not being so bad.

A mock groomsman boutonniere inside a bridesmaid's shoe.

Guess who this is?
While we were in flower mode, Kristen and I also started playing around with centerpiece ideas. Work it out Kris Fish!

2 comments:

  1. Watching you and Kristen be creative was fun.
    Let the flowers yell, O HAPPY WEDDING DAY!
    "Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock." ~Henry Ward Beecher, Star Papers: A Discourse of Flowers - Blessings day by day, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your resume shows floral experience!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete