Remember that day I told you that one of my "favorite friends" was coming to visit? Well, that favorite friend was good ol' Charles. He arrived in Prague and we traveled to Berlin and Vienna together during his visit. While in Prague (in between our trips to Berlin and Vienna), Charles asked me to marry him and of course I said yes! The details are as follows: he proposed after dinner while still in the restaurant, the ring was the one I really wanted (I provided him with 3 options so that the element of surprise would still be there), after he put the ring on and I looked at it and all of its' shine, I asked him if I could take it off. Only because it was so pretty I was afraid someone would try and take it from me. I mean here I am in another country, I have this shiny ring on my finger and I honestly thought someone might try and cut my finger off...for real. Sounds silly, but I'm just telling you the emotions I felt. Clearly Charles looked at me and was like "NO". So I stuck my hand under the table until I could get myself together. No one was even sitting on the second level with us, but it was just so awesome I didn't know what to do. When we left dinner, Charles suggested that we take silly pictures around Prague. You saw some of them, but here are a couple more. Feel free to click on the picture to make it larger.
At the restaurant...Skorepka

In Old Town Square

Why is Charles running from that taxi? Did he try and jump out without paying? When the taxi didn't work, he decided we would just borrow someone's Porshe.
If you want a flashback of my Prague Journey blog, here it is http://praguejourney.blogspot.com/




Charles and Tameka, God bless you with every good thing wedding planning & marriage can bring. Tameka & friends, thanks for letting me run w/the brides. Almost 31 years ago when I was preparing for an Aug. 19 wedding, there was much running, but not with all fun. Last Fri about this time I was having great fun in DC with bridal gowns everywhere, along with some bodies that needed to be covered w/something.
ReplyDelete:-) I thought there would be more pushing and shoving. I had my elbows ready. I mainly had to guard (by hugging) our best selections. Tiffany, thanks for the idea. Penny, thanks for housing, food, guidance (metro), & help from Mahalia and Tonya (ahead in the line outside, grabbing & trading inside).
I am gaining a son and more family. Hallelujah! How about affectionate mother-in law names: Ma L and Ma B? I think of Charles as a lovable “old shoe,” as in a person that is comfortably familiar, unpretentious, great to have around anytime. With prayers on this wedding journey, Ma B
WOW, it's Saturday morning, early in the morning I woke up to make time to browse your blog and my cousin's blog, who just emailed me yesterday about they getting married on July 15th 2010 from NY. I don't know if I ever told you about her, Herendida and Chris been together since 1997, they finally got engaged this year also. I enjoyed looking at both, Charles and you are really meant to be, God knows what he does, I do wish you all the best in the planning and on that day! please don't tell me Charles saw your dress already???? Thanks for sharing your great happiness with me, Daniel and I pray that God continue blessing you two with lots of love, peace and joy.....
ReplyDeleteP.