Thursday, August 27, 2009

This One or That One?

Dresses, dresses, gotta find my girl's dresses!

Back to the fun part of wedding planning...does it seem like I only have fun when I'm dealing with clothes? : )

This weekend two of my girls (who have already been granted behind the scenes access) and I went looking for bridesmaid dresses. My goal was to first lock down my colors and then find a dress. We went to 3 bridal stores and it was in the second store that I confirmed my colors. When I saw them together I got really excited. Charles & my girls tell me that it is too early to reveal these colors so you'll have to check back later for that information. Now the actual dress hasn't been selected, but I think I've narrowed it down to 2 choices. Who knows.

It was an interesting task to look at dresses that I liked, try to imagine them in my colors and imagine them on my friends. Then I also had to get used to waiting to for my friends to show me the dresses...even though they were pretty quick. I'm so used to being on the other side, trying things on so others can view the dress, tell me they don't like it, make me take it off and try on the next one. What can I say it's a new day. Nevertheless, we got it done.

At the end of the day we were beat and STARVING!! I mean I gave these girls all I had...fruit snacks and a granola bar out of my purse.

Check out some pictures from the day...none of them the actual dress.
Pretty, but won't work for everyone.

She thought she was Superman!

Ok!
Tiffany, what's with the look on your face? You can't be tired...it's only the first store.
Amanda is such a fashionista. I mean who else would rock a David's Bridal sash around their head?

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to be here! lol!
    OK for real- what a day and what an experience!
    long live dirty diana, the girl with excessive blue eyes, and mary j blige!
    From one fashionista to another- YOU my friend are well on your way! :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Fun! Fun! It's about enjoying the process with friends who make it fun. I understand the reversal of roles. You got a taste of what it was like my first trip with you to the bridal shop. Remember? We were going in for a few minutes and stayed hours, gown after gown after gown. Hindsight: It was FUN.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete